Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Reason To Believe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brian E. Sloan on June 6, 2001 16:05:44 UTC

Yasir, the Anthropic Principle fits my belief system, in that if what I believe is true, then I would expect the natural laws of the universe to be condusive to life, allow matter to form etc etc.

The only way in which this line of reasoning can be overcome, is to propose the existence of other universes [a convienently unverifiable prospect for the atheist], in which the laws would not be so condusive.

I think it is important to not confuse the creation with the Creator, which is tantamount to idolotry. Interestingly, reducing the universe to fractals or math and symmetry, differs from the primitive worship of sun-gods only to the extent it is more sophisticated.

Brian

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins