Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bible Didn't Know About Atoms

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jeremy Costello on June 4, 2001 08:50:49 UTC

I agree with everything written in the post, alas but for the last sentence as well. 'Christ is Lord'. There is nothing inherant to Christianity in any of the atomic an subatomic statements made. The Bible doesn't talk about quantum physics, or atomic structures. Why? Well, I really don't want to offend anyone, but because the men who wrote the bible didn't know about that stuff then. If the creator of the universe actually wrote the Bible (or the Koran or the Tora or whatever), there simply would be a better and more accurate discription of the universe and its true structural attributes(i.e.'Let it be known to mankind that I constructed this universe from invisiblely tiny components...', or anything else to that effect). I wouldn't expect a scientificly explained description of everything, but something, ANYTHING, that would tell early followers about the true nature of reality that we would eventually know anyway. What better way to prove his existance than to tell man some of the things he would learn, a mere two thousand years later. Then God would have to be a fact. He could have spoken about atoms, DNA, the other planets, anything. It could have been put as symbolically or metaphorically as need be. We would eventually understand. It would have been easy for the true creator of the universe to give that information. Even though it was beyond the capacity for those early followers to understand, hey there is all kinds of stuff they didn't understand. Who cares, it's the word of God, do not question, merely follow. But it's not there.

I believe whole-heartedly in a creator. Based on everything I've learned from biology, cosmology, and quantum sciences, I can believe nothing else. There is genius design, beauty, and engineering to such a meta degree that it quite literally blows my mind. But I don't think that any of earth's traditional religions were penned by that Being. There is simply no reason to believe it.
CV

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins