Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
See Is Believing?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brian E. Sloan on June 4, 2001 00:31:44 UTC

If my understanding of matter at the atomic level is correct, what you see is mostly not there.

If the neucleus were the size of your fist the first electron-shell would be about 4 miles away. Matter consists of 99.99999% nothing. [so much for classical materialism eh?]

Physics on the quantum level is dominated by a little phantom wave-particle known as a photon, which eminate from the neucleus [without depleting it] and shoot-out to the electron which is traveling 1/10 the speed of light [mind-beggeringly fast considering the radius of the atom] to give rise to the electostatic force which gives matter the elusion of actually "being there".

I read recently where there are not enough genes in the human genome to account for the proteins being manufactured in your body [each cell produces 1000's of them each scecond of your life].

I wonder how long it will be before they figure-out the connection between biology and quantum mechanics.

That wisdom exists at the quantum-level which guides and directs the workings of biology.

Wisdom that was present from the beginning, not emergent from matter and energy, but pre-existent to it.

It is time to recognize the "Ghost in the machine", for Who He is.

Christ is Lord.

Brian

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins