Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Forces Of Ignorance

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Yasir on May 26, 2001 18:37:32 UTC

I was experiencing a problem here with a few ppl and wanted to get reid of it through some advice.

Since i am a pakistani and living in a land where there is very little support forhigher study in sciences epecially in genetics and cosmology etc.in general public and even at higher levels where capable ppl are too busy to help young guys come forward.

The prob is that i am facing a lot of problem in convincing a few of my family members that genetics,biophysics or cosmology can make a very interesting career.

Every one here is very much against America,europe and all the white ppl especially . I have been told from the very childhood that america is our enemy and christians and jews are enemies too. As far as a thiests are concerned ,they are simply out of question . So much so that ppl are told not to answer to such ppl (athiests) beacuse it destroys one faith in God.

I have several times debated with these ppl but they are always ahead of me in criticism giving me the examples of violance in palestine and other teriitories where muslims are being treated badly. They dont even try to think that JIHAAD is not against civilians but against ppl who do unjustice and try to oppress others.

SUch debates usually end in disappointment for me. PPl are very skeptic towards other religions and atheism and show great hatred towards america and other countries despite the fact that even a lot of their relatives are working in these countires and serving their govenrments.

I thought somebody would would help me facing this problem.

iamnotagenius

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins