Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Need A New Word

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 22, 2001 11:45:56 UTC

The term information has a very definite meaning in classical physics and it is closely related to entropy. By using the smae word, you are being confusing.

Now I agree that the scientific definition lacks meaning with regard to evolution. Science as a whole lacks meaning. It just uncovers the facts. What they mean is open to interpretation.

I would suggest use of the terms "genetic complexity".

With regard to whether evolution in the Darwinian sense ever happened, I do not know or even care. What I do know is that the mechanisms proposed in that theory no longer apply. Humans dominate the world to such an extent that evolution is dead.

I also do not believe that the universe started with the Big Bang. I think something existed before then and there are many theories based on strings and membranes that support that belief, as well as Hindu cosmology if you prefer a religious basis.

However, I do believe that the universe is at least billions of years old because the high priests of science, the astronomers, have told me so; and their reasoning, based on the constancy of the speed of light plus triangulation, red shift and supernovae, is self-consistent.

If your intention in discussing evolution is to support biblical cosmology, you had better first address the much more fundamental science that determines the age of the light detected by astronomers. Triangulation alone indicates that starlight is much older than 6,000 years.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins