Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Adieu Again

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert B. Winn on May 21, 2001 23:16:32 UTC

Bruce,
Well, a long time ago I decided to find out what you scientists were up to with your distance contraction and where it came from. I found out where it came from.

c=300,000 km/sec = x/t = x'/[t(c-v)/c]

=(x-vt)/(t-vx/c^2) = (x-vt)gamma/(t-vx/c^2)gamma

= x'Lorentz/t'Lorentz

x'Lorentz is a longer distance than x'.

To be honest, I have accomplished what I set out to do. Now you put forth a bunch of little fools errands and tell me that if I do not do them immediately, then you have proven that the above equation is wrong. I might do the little fools errands or maybe not. That has nothing to do with what the Lorentz equations mean.
I might take up a new hobby now that I have accomplished this one, or I might work some more simple algebra. Now here is what strikes me. You scientists have complete domination of this world. You have everyone except me believing your distance contraction. But you do not seem completely happy. Something seems to be missing in your lives. Perhaps you might want to consider using the correct distances in your equations. It is just a suggestion.
Robert B. Winn

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins