Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Excuses, Excuses..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bruce on May 17, 2001 04:56:09 UTC

Why don't you just say 'I can't really do it'? I've told you several times that all you should need is a piece of paper and a pencil. At least you finally acknowledge that gravity has something to do with it. It would take me about 20 minutes to write down the derivation which takes into account effects due to gravity and relative motion. Scientists don't need 'big' computers to do this so your not having access to such a resource doesn't amount to a hill of beans. As far as I'm concerned. BTW-the satellite clocks run faster by ~ 38,407 nanoseconds a day. I could get a couple more decimal points of accuracy but it really isn't neccessary. I'm not going to ask you to back up your claim again.
regards
Bruce

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins