Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brian E. Sloan on May 14, 2001 14:42:45 UTC

I think that is a quote from an Indiana Jones movie.

And I think there is some truth in it. Many of the culture shaping changes in Western culture have been the result of ideas.

Darwin, Freud, Marx, etc, all initiated great cultural upheavels with the stroke of a pen. Whether one admires these mens contribution to our world [or even if you think they are the Three Stooges gone awry] or not, they took their ideas and shaped the way people think, even into todays post-modern era.

Darwin's work, though commonly thought of as pure science, was quickly assimilated into a social-science by Karl Marx, and later by Hitler.

Hitler's agenda of propagating a superior race, if not derived from Darwinist thinking, was certainly parallel to it.

Einstien, though certainly more of a scientist than Darwin [who was a failed seminary student and had a bit of theological ax to grind], watched as his theory of relativity was taken by the social experimenters to produce moral ethical-relativity.

This concept of right or wrong as being relevent to a given situation, is currently propagated in public schools [US] today.

The key-words for this in the media are tolerance, cultural diversity and political correctness. It is to the point, where if one fails to toe the line of this particular experiment, one is labeled as intolerant, or a bigot.

For example, for me to profess what I believe to be true, that Christ is the only way to salvation, is nothing short of religious bigotry.

I have committed an unforgivable act of secular heresy. In other words, there is no Truth.

The result of this is that you can say or believe anything.

Just don't proclaim it as Truth.

Brian

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins