Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Sorry, I Got Sick - Been In Bed All Day

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on May 4, 2001 19:28:06 UTC

Hi Dick,

I hope you are feeling better.

>>>For the most part, my biggest problem with your comments is that I usually have not a hint of what you are trying to say. You seem to be more concerned with classifying than understanding what I say. This appears me to be an indication that you think that if you get me properly classified, you will understand me.>>As I said in my paper, scientists are, in general, blind to their assumptions.>The existence of these assumptions is the root cause of the slow progress of science.To get to what is possible to know (which is very possibly nothing), we must first eliminate these bogus results. What I find astounding is that the "bogus" results turn out to be --Physics--.>>If we worked very hard at it we could separate any dictionary into two sets of words. The first set, which could be defined entirely via the words in the second set and the second set which would violate the rule on the first cycle. The second set can be seen as forming a basis for the dictionary. Those words you must know the meaning of a priori as without a priori knowledge, the definitions are without meaning.>One could say that I am searching for the basis of reality: the minimum I need to know (or can know) to understand! As far as I have been able to determine so far, the basis appears to be an empty set. (Moving me to utter the rather funny phrase “At this point there appears to be no basis for any concept of reality that I am aware of!”)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins