Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sounds Like Debates Lol

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by MrOKL on May 2, 2001 07:38:11 UTC

ok heres another 2 cents..lol

The people around me used to say, "Oh my god, my math teacher is great!", "The government rules/sucks!"

but sometimes i really wonder if they think about the other side of it.

so i tell them, "Before you want to tell me HOW GOOD somethin is, I WANT YOU to tell me how BAD that thing is," and vice versa.

seems to me that alexander is convinced that math IS the way to understanding our universe. dont misunderstand, im not saying u are stupid/dumb/idiotic or whatever, simply because i have no evidence to say that math sucks or its completely fake, simply cos it created my world and including this PC im using. and im not trying to prove that whatever alexander says is wrong either, i just wanted to ask him this question:

"May i know what math can't solve?"

maybe not now, in the future? who knows.

i may not know much about science/math, but i do know that everythin has exceptions, no matter what it is. "Everyone will be affected by the cell phone wave," do ppl in South africa suffering from aids do? yes they will, but not before they clr their aids virus. btw, i dun carry cellphones.

what i think is math will not be able to explain everythin directly, indirectly perhaps.

Simple one question. Im feeling a itch, i scratch it. Can math explain that? No. but when combined with science it can. Well maybe the fleas got me, or maybe my cells are dyin and i scratch it off(DUH!!)

at the moment we DO NOT link math and science with arts(music, painting..etc) too much, they are totally 2 different scopes, but will there be a day where the 2 actually work together to solve an intergalactic mystery? sounds impossible eh? but think about the extremes, cos thats where the future's heading.

remember not long ago people were saying,"Language Removed how i wish there was a machine that i could watch videos on w/o fightin with my sis over the TV set" "how i wish there was a machine that i could play games on with smashing graphics." " urgh all these documents are getting to me! how i wish there was a place to put them in w/o the paper"

well, ppl would say then "Live with it" but now? "get a PC man!"

actually, i think that whatever u can think of, it will happen, somewhere, somehow, SOMEDAY.

if there was somethin math/science CANNOT solve, does it mean it will be gone? Nah, most probably the thing that we cant solve will be something that doesnt even affect people like me(poor).

uh running outta time man! Post Back! And tell me what you think!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins