Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What I Think Math And Science Are =D

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by MrOKL on May 1, 2001 14:45:47 UTC

Hello there! Gonne give my 2 cents here!

So what is math? Math from a point of view is something that human invented to help us decipher/solve things around us. There are so many ways to solve the things/problems around us, but it so happens that we FEEL math is the correct way cos it manages to solve and help us with problems all over the world.
I don't quite agree with what alexander said that the world is made up of math and so are we. nah, i dont think so. Can we say that atoms exist outside our current known space and time? You can say that, but we can't be sure.
Actually if u look back in history, people used to believe in things like say...err...magic, shamans, sorcerers, wizards...etc. But if u look, there has to be a point where science meets magic. Why human chose science is because it has evidence, and it is open to everyone to learn. But for magic they always say(as far as i know), u must be like "up there" to learn the stuff and u musnt teach it to anyone not worthy to learn it.
What if magic existed but took a VEEEEERRRRYY long time to learn and not to say master? What if we chose that path? What would the world be like? Maybe if we'd mastered it, we could've teleported to pluto!
What i'm trying to say here is people in the past CHOSE magic as their way to solve their problems and it probably worked for a long time and started to lose its credibility, then at this point, science came along and took over.
So what if science is in the phase of working? Will science in the future suffer the same fate like magic? In the near future of course not :), but in the far future, i cant be sure man.
So maybe we are lucky, SCIENCE IS THE WAY to study and solve things around us. If so we really have to thank our lucky stars, for science came along for us at such a "nice" time. We cant be sure what we would have chose at the point when magic started to failed us, perhaps aliens?
Well, thats my 2 cents! Post back! And tell me what you think.

C'est la Vie.
;)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins