Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Reason For Faith

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 28, 2001 11:38:03 UTC

I know you did not ask me, but I do have a reason and I would like to express it. My reason is hope. Someone described it as desperate hopefulness, which may not be far from the truth for there is rather little direct evidence for a supernatural existense. But my hope is that life is meaningful. If there is no existence beyond physical life, than the whole thing, evolution, intelligence, consciousness seems rather pointless to me. Most of the world's population live with pain and suffering, especially later on in their lives. With an afterlife, one can see the value in such a life. Without an afterlife, I see no reason for all the suffering. For me life losses its meaning if this is all there is.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins