Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Would You Like To Debate Infinity In Math?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on April 26, 2001 16:05:06 UTC

Hi Richard,

For many decades now, ever since I first learned about Cantor's infinities, I have been looking for someone with whom I could debate the merits and demerits of the inclusion of the notion into mathematics. You just might be the guy I have been looking for, if you are interested.

If I present my arguments as to why I think the axiom of choice should not be adopted in the foundations of mathematics, thus obviating Cantor's construction, would you be willing to try to refute them? If so, you may choose to do so on this forum or by email. I have a hunch that there aren't many people on this forum who would be interested in that debate, but if you want to do it here, that would be fine with me.

I sincerely hope you are interested.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins