Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Mozart

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on April 25, 2001 14:53:00 UTC

Aurino,

It's funny, but I was thinking of Mozart this morning. I was reasoning that with so many more people and a higher percentage of the population living in an environment that gives them a real opportunity to be a Mozart, I was wondering to myself whether there are really many more Mozart's living today than ever before. If so, then maybe its not genius which distinguishes real 'genius', but maybe society only has so many open slots for genius' to fill and the number of slots doesn't change much down through history (no matter how many Mozart's are standing by to fill the slot). That is, there can only be one Mozart per generation because that's all that society has room for right now. What do you think?

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins