Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Met So Many People In Different Conferences, Institutes, Etc.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on April 20, 2001 21:47:15 UTC

that I can not remember all names.

And I am not astrophysicist, so unlikely I know him personally.

My area of direct expertise is experimental and theoretical plasma physics, experimental and theoretical atomic physics, lasers, x-ray lasers, x-ray and UV spectroscopy, nanooptics and nanostructures, and recently - experimental and theoretical gravitation. Also last few years I teach physics and physics labs in college.

My life and career was always among good scientists - physics class of Kapitsa in college, master advisor Prokhorov, research work directly under Mandelstam supervision, dissertation opponent Basov (all are Nobel laureats), not to say about numerous collaborations and contacts on various levels with many other "names" world over. Interacting closely with "names" I found them to be bright and very active but not in any way extraordinary smart.

Warmest regards.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins