Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Do You Mean Unrealized Potentials?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 20, 2001 13:24:11 UTC

Your post was too short for me to understand. The way I see it, TOM lives in a different reality where all possibilities co-exist concurrently, while the conscious me lives in a reality where a single one of those possibilities has been actualized.

I don't mean different reality as in "another dimension" or "spiritual world", I'm using reality in the sense of the total amount of information which is the content of consciousness at any point in time. Conscious Me lives only in the present, TOM lives both in the past, as it has full access to my entire collection of memories, and in the future, as it has access to all possibilities and all the different outcomes of their combinations.

That sounds a bit like the wave/particle thing, and I'm sure it's not just a coincidence.

I'm also sure someone will interpret this as mysticism and cynically write it off so don't expect me to further ellaborate. We can exchange e-mail if you'd like but I don't want to waste my time explaining my ideas on a public forum to people who are not interested in understanding them.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins