Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mathematical Creativity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 20, 2001 11:34:12 UTC

I agree that Godel is suggesting that the mathematics itself has creativity, another word for solutions, that goes beyond the axioms of the mathematical system. This I would think is your best argument that the universe is primarily mathematics.

All fields and particles including life forms can be thought of as mathematical simulations. They all follow basic axioms or laws and through evolution or just random interaction (ala Chaitin) they arrive at solutions, or forms, really they create forms that are not inherent in the basic laws or axioms. The new forms then imply the existense of new axioms, the ones that are needed to derive the new forms.

I suspect that you would agree with this much.

Where we probable depart is my suspician that the godel mathematics underly communication between highly complex systems. This is of course an intuitive belief. But the metaphor, or simulation, is that an overall system of higher complexity allows communication between subset systems having partial sets of axioms. One such subset system is for example human life forms. I can only speculate as to what other subset systems might be. I am tempted to suggest angels as another subset, and god as the overall system. But it's really all mathematics. And if such things exist, they are just simulations that happen to simulate intelligence and consciousness in addition to spatial form. Right?

BTW I like what's happening on this forum. The thinking is really opening up to new ideas.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins