Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Shift Symmetry Is Still An Assumption

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 19, 2001 22:28:56 UTC

Alexander explains how this results in the conservation of energy. Noether explains the consequences of other symmetries. They may be facts of nature, but you are saying that they are facts of mathematics.

Sorry. Not true. They are assumptions, or axioms if you prefer a better sounding word, of mathematics. Axioms of this sort underly special and general relativity. So I wonder how you ended up with quantum mechanics rather than space mechanics. But I have not yet read that far in your book.

Nature also breaks these symmetries. For example spontaneous rotational symmetry breaking would be outside the scope of your model. Particle entanglement is the most recent example of the breaking of shift symmetry, although that is what I read and I do not understand the mathematics connecting entanglement to the breaking of the shift symmetry. So entanglement is also outside the scope of your model.

Your theory can apparently model everything that has shift time and space and rotational symmetry and for which F=0. I confess though that I do not understand the consequence of the F=0 axiom.

I'm still having fun

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins