Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Would Like To Know The Real History Of Christianity..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on April 17, 2001 16:38:55 UTC

I would also like to know the real history of Christianity. What role was played by the real Jesus(es?) that existed, John the Baptist, Saul / Paul, the special three: Peter, James, and John, James "the brother of the Lord", the writers of the Gospels, Mary the mother, the sisters Mary and Martha, and the other women, the various Herod's, Pilate, the Jewish leaders, and others?

It's more important to me now than when I unskeptically accepted what I was told as a Mormon. I very much need to determine whether the atheist's arguments are valid because I discounted them as a Mormon, for good reasons I thought at the time. In reanalyzing the whole belief in God idea I've had to realize that I didn't think it through well enough.

Zindler in his article "How Jesus got a life" at

http://atheists.org/church/jesuslife.html

and in his articles gives an atheist historian's view on questions about the origin of Christianity.

I would appreciate it if people would show me where Zindler errs. To just say "Zindler is wrong, I and everyone else know." isn't good enough for me.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins