Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dick Heads

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael McNeil on April 14, 2001 11:42:01 UTC

The following was sent to an MSN newsgroup called “Atheists Vs God.” What an oxymoron. Since it concerns astronomy, historicity, and logical thought. (And how not to answer a fool according to his ignorance) I hope you don’t mind if I print it here too.

I got as far as a few sentences past the quoted scriptures in the article "Creation Science.”
You do love your purple prose don't you? Do your ears want to eat your teeth or do they love the sound of your voice?
Let's have another look at the first few verses in the bible you clot.
1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” I'm not trying to mislead you am I? Or am I delusional? I am sure it plainly states that God created the heavens before the earth.
1:2 "Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters."
What am I allowed to misread into this? That the universe started as a black hole? Define black hole, R.Soul.
Define darkness; bigot. Hydrogen at or near its boiling point is white and likewise liquid helium is highly reflective. Is it presumptuous of me to insist that light and radiated heat are the same thing? Or are you the only one allowed that prerogative, moron?
Who in the context so far is looking for light? God or atheist?
Do you want more? A bigger stick you donkey? What does the term "watery deep" mean? And who says so?
1:3 "And God proceeded to say "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light."
Or does it say what it ought to say (for the peace of mind of every atheist). "And God went on to say to Adam's solicitor in the presence of two noteworthy witnesses "Let light come to be". Then there came to be light." You plonker.
1:4 "After that God saw that the light was good and God brought about a division between the light and the darkness"
Does it say anything about day and night here? Does it mention the earth?
Here is where it mentions Earth ...does it?
1:5 "And God began calling the light Day but the darkness He called Night and there came to be evening and there came to be morning a first day."
NO DECIDEDLY NOT! You prawn! What it says here is that this first day was one of a set (of first days), if not a series. Read it again....a first day not....The First Day.
Where why and when and how long did it last?
Do you have any idea when the concept of the modern day of 24 hours was developed? I will give you a clue it concerned the Royal Navy and someone called Harrison.
1:6 "And God went on to say "Let an expanse come to be in between the waters and let a dividing occur between the waters and the waters.""
Got a degree in fluid mechanics have you? No? A logical mind is needed. Pity.
Never mind we can use mine.

It (the verse in the bible) does not necessarily apply this "water" to the location of earth in this part of the description of creation. Even a fool like you can see that. (Given time) Do not presume it is talking about H2O. Do not presume it implies the sea, the clouds and the aquifers etc. Do not presume anything you presumptuous snot.
1:7 .......I could go on indefinitely like this couldn't I? Wasting my time talking to an idiot. Well I am as big a fool as you then. I have said enough and you have said more than enough.
Point proven; case closed. You are dick heads, goodbye.

I only joined the site to prove to myself what they are. I made that clear in my application to join their site.

I don't know why it is that I have to get so upset over insults to a person that is more capable than a super-power. Being infinitely more powerful than me I expect he is already making his gentle reply.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins