Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Hartley DiBianca on April 13, 2001 17:17:51 UTC

This helped a little and I stored 4 out of 4 on the quiz!

The big and small, I find it facinating. We find galaxies to be so large and particles to be so small, but really large and small are relative terms. Our Earth is barely larger than an atom in the observable universe, think about it.

I am not a physics major nor a math major but I find these theories facinating. Its seems on both ends of the specturm (large and small) we always think have reached a final stage and come up with something else. It is really great. Has anyone considered the possiblity that no stage is infinite but the cycle of stages is infinite, in other words our universe is not inifinite but perhaps it along with other universes comprises something else, which is not infinite, but comprises something else. If this is the case, perhaps it goes infinitly downward as well and our existence is simply at one point in this cycle. So an atom would be huge relative to some things and our universe would be tiny compared to some things. Are there any theories that propose this thought in better terms?

HD

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins