Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Death Of Darwin

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by daViper on July 14, 1999 01:20:04 UTC

: : : : What does any of this have to do with Astronomy?

: : : : Your statement about mamillian geneology is not only inappropriate for this forum, it is also patently false.

: : : : How about asking an Astronomy/God question since THAT is the title and subject of this forum, not evolution.

: : : : You'll find the evolution debate in many OTHER forums on the Net, but it is not on track for this one.

: : : Hmmmm... the top of my screen says "Astronomy Net Forum on God and Science... So, how does Darwinian theory account for the complexity of the mammalian genome?...

: : : : ::: : : Considering that there are probably several people reading this board who have a strong background in biology, and since YOU brought it up, why don't you explain what your data is to back this claim up? Who told you Darwinian theory can't account for this?

: Actually there is quite a bit that Darwinian theory can't account for. Though I am not a biologist I don't feel particularly intimidated by any who may be reading this. On the other hand, if I say anything that is incorrect, I would not be at all offended if they would point it out. The basis of the theory is natural selection working on random variation in the genome. Scince there are a limited number of mutations that occur in a given population, coupled with the fact that most would not be "selected", then the element of time becomes problematic when trying to account for the genetic complexity of the higher taxa. Darwin's dillemma (sort of has a ring to it) is further exacerbated by the fact that scince the mutations occur by random, most would be of no benefit (if not lethal) to the organism.

:::::::::: Some mutations ARE indeed lethal to the organism. I can't say that I agree that time presents a problem for this. I rather think time would represent a greater opportunity for a solution. This "Darwin's dillema" you refer to doesn't seem like such a dillema based on what I've heard you say so far. It's like saying there are problems with getting machines to fly, without saying what those problems specifically are. Machines do of course fly, once the problem is solved, just as Darwin theory becomes understandable once the idea that it's impossible is seen for what it is. A misnomer based on an unwillingness to consider that what was once believed is now know not to be true. We used to believe machines could NOT fly.

However, back to the original question. Where is you data regarding this mammilian geneology and who told you it was a problem for Darwinian theory? If you please. I will need to understand what you mean by this if I am to comment on why I believe it is not so. What problem do you speak of?

And then where do we go from here on our search for the proof of the existence of God based on the mythologies we've discussed so far?

May I suggest a pure logic experiment since I concede that virtually ALL mythologies propound the Creator(s) in some form or another. This is essentially why the mythology exists. To explain that which is unknowable in terms that are comfortable for whoever chooses to accept which particular mythology suits their emotions. Or in some cases it is of course taught in childhood and never expanded upon in favor of a broader view once the child leaves the nest.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins