Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Existence

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on July 13, 1999 03:04:22 UTC

: What would be a good way to go about proving the existence of God?

Well, I would start with the currently accepted cosmology. The fact that the universe had a beginning. If I have a proper understanding of the Big Bang theory (I trust you or someone else will be happy to correct me) energy was converted into matter. The first sentence of Genesis states that God created the heaven and the earth. Next the writer says that the earth was without form and void. Now, would not the matter (or energy if you will) that forms the earth be present at the instant of creation? Next, I believe God said "Let there be light". If I am correct, energy is not converted directly into matter, but goes through a plasma phase. One of the properties of a plasma is that it is dark, so that an observer would see nothing at this stage of the Creation. However, as the plasma is conveted into matter, it would produce an immense quantity of light. I beleive this process of releasing light from plasma is referred to in physics as "decoupling". And God divided the light from the darkness. I could go on. It would seem rather fortuitous of some Bedouins thousands of years ago to so aptly describe the first moments of Creation.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins