Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
When Science Can Prove

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 10, 2001 20:16:58 UTC

something meaningful to my afterlife. The requirements are simple. Only the technology is lacking. I presume that you are willing to accept that your consciousness exists. Yet it cannot be proven to exist scientifically. In other words, science has currently no way to measure consciouness. It can correlate electrical activity in the brain with admissions of the brain, or the person having the brain being measured, that they are consciousness. But they cannot measure consciousness directly.

Science cannot predict when consciousness is gone forever in a person in a coma. It's just an educated guess. So when science develops the means to detect consciousness directly, then it will be in a position to investigate afterlife. Until then, which is likely never, science cannot prove that consciousness does not transend death.

Why are you trying to convert me. I am not trying to convert you. It's not important to me what you believe. Is it that you are suffering residual tramatic effects of going door to door trying to win converts to Mormonism?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins