Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Absolute Truth Not Necessarily God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on April 10, 2001 17:56:04 UTC

Brian,

You wrote:

>However, if absolute truth exists, it MUST BE God Himself.

I haven't come to that conclusion. Until I can come to a rational conclusion, I reject your statement. Maybe absolute truth can exist but not be God. Is the statment "I am" an absolute truth?

You mentioned the moral breakdown of society as evidence of the inability to reason. Maybe you're right. I don't think it's because religion is true, but people are voluntarily rejecting it. I think people are realizing that religion may be wrong and so they have to come up with a new basis for morality. They're experimenting with their freedom to attack religion.

It wasn't that long ago when such actions were burnable offenses.

> satanic worship [if you doubt the existence of
> the super-natural--do a little research on this

The fact that some people worship Satan is no more evidence of the supernatural than the fact that most of the rest worship God.

I've heard that Satanic conversions can be particularly painful experiences physically and emotionally. One method I've been told is to put the God-believer in a painful device and challenged to pray to God to help them. When God does nothing (I would say, of course), they argue that God is powerless. They then trick the potential convert into accepting Satan, perhaps by calling on Satan to release their bands which "miraculously" happens.

Since I've never seen or experienced these things first hand or listened to an eyewitness I'm probably just spreading a baseless falsehood, sort of like claiming that modern Wicca make love potions from frog's livers or try to fly on broomsticks.

I certainly don't believe stories of thousands of sacrificial victims every year. That's too many to hide from the rest of us.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins