Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Apparations Of God Would Be Nice.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on April 7, 2001 21:38:45 UTC

Rizka,

You wrote:

> If I were God, and if I introduce myself to
> human being with human form, then human will
> think that God is just like human.

So what? As particular humans or groups of humans become capable of better comprehension, you = God could reveal more of your true nature.

Even without God ever revealing himself, human philosophers have suggested that God is quite different from the human-forms that earlier philosphers imagined. If you don't even need God to show Himself for humans to "progess" in their understanding of Him, than imagine how much quicker our understanding would become if He'd reveal Himself?

M.D.s and other doctors today would appreciate time to study the body of God, don't you think? If my dad had a special body, different from any other and the scientific community expressed great interest in studying it (but not hurting him), I'm confident my father would accommodate them as much as he could. He wouldn't surrender his life so every scientist with a desire to study him could do so at their leisure, but he would give enough of his time to satisfy the most urgent desires. Why won't God do this for the children He supposedly loves so much? If my father is more benevolent than the God people believe in then what good is He?

I'll tell why I think this is, it's no secret: GOD DOES NOT EXIST (at least in the form most people claim).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins