Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: God V. Godzilla

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tön on July 9, 1999 14:11:26 UTC

: This would have been a fitting end to the Godzilla : movies out of Japan...both are myth.

: The fact of the matter is that those who believe in : God are less open to the notion that he may not exist, : while those with mixed opinions (ignorantly tauted as : atheists) haven't seen enough evidence either way.

: If you were taught to believe in something all your : life or became born-again into that belief, your mind : has already been made. Nothing anyone can say or : prove will influence your opinion because no one wants : to believe that a large portion of their life was a : waste of time.

: The way I see it is that if I burn in Hell for having : an open mind and humanistic beliefs, then God's Heaven : isn't the type of place for me anyway

______

Hear, hear!! Indeed the promises that has been instilled in the doctrines of the religions that came out of the Fertile Cresent (Mesopotamian region) is always about escape. This it people! Good and bad. We can't escape what is happening in the here and now. Dreaming about the promises of some ideal is exactly that...dreams. Life is a mystery that cannot be solved but lived. We should start living and quit the cerebral masturbation about this G.O.D.

See you all in hell! :-) Tön

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins