Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Roman History

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Forum Master on April 5, 2001 19:47:23 UTC

One point being repeated often is the lack of secular evidence to back up claims in the new testement. For example, the claim that the dead came alive after Jesus' death would have certainly warranted notation in what ever recording happened in the day. I assume Pilate had some kind of historian available to jot down news to send to Rome now and again.

However, here is my puzzle. Is there ANY record of ANYTHING Roman during that era (perhaps 100BC - 100AD) that exists today.

I understand that Judea was not a favorite spot to be in charge of if you were a Roman politician. This would suggest Pilate was not a favorite in his circles. Still, I would assume a power house like the Roman Empire would have the ability and desire to record events of the day from all its extensive outposts. I have read some things about Rome's involvement in the British Isles, but this was during the decay of the Roman Empire about 400-500 AD or so; Some Authorian legends mention involvement with the Romain Empire in England.

So please help me folks. What references do you know about the Roman Empire as told by the Romans?

John

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins