Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Statements About God Are Made Up.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on April 4, 2001 22:55:58 UTC

Were these ideas about God and Jesus made up by you, someone else, or were they revealed by God/Jesus? I suspect someone just made them up and then expected their followers to promote them as if they were true.

Otherwise rational Christians attempt to tell God and Jesus what they are doing or did do in the past, but atheists realize these religious discussions are based on someone's imagination, not on reality.

Jesus of Nazareth probably didn't even exist to say "God exists". see http://atheists.org/church/ozjesus.html

If you were God you say you wouldn't reveal yourself in human form perhaps because that bothers your conception of God, but I would. I would be there when the first "human" I was interested in existed and stick around until the last one died. People would know I existed because they could visit me or I could visit them throughout history. I would perform miracles and help to make the world a nice place to live. There would be no war. Some imperfections might exist, but not seriously bad things.

The fact that our world isn't this way suggests to my mind that God doesn't exist. If I would be a better God than the one people claim to believe in, then what good is He?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins