Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We Get What We Ask For

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Hartley DiBianca on March 24, 2001 03:14:31 UTC

The real shame is that political elements use things such as this to argue about a religious founding. Whether the motto was added during the Civil War a hundred years after our founding or in the mid 1900s two hundred years after our founding (the link suggests some of both) it was not part of our founding.

As a matter of fact, one major reason many Europeans fled to the new world was to search for religious freedom and escape government churches. The first amendment to our constitution is violated when our government endorses such things. The second amendment is equally as important, which is on reason why I'm no fan of the left (politically) although many of my views may suggest this lean.

But when all is said and down the American public gets what it asks for. We choose our leaders and we deserve every ounce of curruption they give us, both in our political and religious institutions. We hate negative political ads, but studies show they work which is why we get them (duh). We hate politically correct corporations that assign delightful terms to terminating employees, but these PC terms seem to help with PR. We hate bad press and bad science and violence/sex on TV, but they attract the largest television audiences.

As you can see I'm running off the road, although it seems the road is everywhere when science and religion are involved.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins