Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The TRUTH

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Lee on July 7, 1999 23:19:00 UTC

This is all very well and good. I will not take issue with you over your Spiritual beliefs since I truly believe that anyone's are as good as anyone else's, usually. (White supremacist neo-Nazis or Islamic terriorists excepted of course. I'm sure you would agree that most sane people would be quite opposed to someone whose views were directed at the deliberate detriment or harm of someone else.) But other than that, I like to think of myself as tolerant of any view as long as it is expressed in an honest and sincere manner. I'm sure every human is ignorant of something, and knowlegable of something someone else is not.

However, we, in order to keep the focus on track relative to Astronomy/Science/God in this forum, need to keep apace with our ongoing discussion as to issues brought up but as yet unresolved.

I really would be interested in your views on:

1 - If the Earth is "young" (6000 yrs +/-), why has God given us evidence to the contrary.

2 - If the Biblical flood was indeed global, where did the water come from? And...

3 - Where did the water go?

And, as another thought to try to get the topic more toward Astronomy, (The Site here,) what are your views on the Big Bang and do you believe the Creator had a Creator or has the one we have now always been?

I already can see that you do indeed believe in a Creator so if you don't want, we need not discuss the view that there is no need for one as Hawking has. I see Hawking more as an Agnostic but if you have a source that convinces you that he is a believer, I won't take issue with that. Go with what you are comfortable with.

I just would like to hear your views on some specifics we have discussed so far, and perhaps get Astronomy into the discourse as well.

Thank you, and Peace.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins