Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Coincidence

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 13, 2001 23:16:55 UTC

Here is one coincidence that I experienced.

I was a teacher of math and science in a Hindu AshramFor reasons that need not be explained here they asked me to leave in the middle of winter.

On my way back to Boston from the Catskills, my car died on a bridge over the Connecticut River. Since I was in a precarious position on the bridge, the police asserted their right to have me towed by the first truck that arrived rather than waiting for AAA.

When presented the bill for the tow, $86.90, it was exactly what I had in my pocket to the penny. One or two experiences of this sort are not very convincing. But when they happen over and over, you get the idea that someone is trying to send you a message.

Do not expect it to happen to you, though. Because you are much too valuable as a rational atheist to be used to test the faith of people like myself who would like to think that their faith is also rational.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins