Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Doubts Remain.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 9, 2001 02:29:14 UTC

First of all I am not trying to convince you of anything. It is more like I am trying to convince myself that I can make a rational argument to support what I hope is true.

So then, second of all, the speed of light is not a constant. The researchers across the street from me at MIT and down the road at Harvard have practically stopped the speed of light, and it is accepted scientifically.

Thirdly, editors most often are not the experts. That is why there is peer review. If the editors were peers, they would be doing research, not editing.

But I want you to admit that you were wrong in your presumption that the publication was in some journal without scientific credibility.

And another question. What is your evidence that the scientific community finds the research to be false. Give me a reference that rejects that research on the basis of its own research.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins