Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More Help And Comments!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Yasir on March 8, 2001 21:59:05 UTC

i was just working with the HAL assistant and noted a few drawbacks in this artificiallly intelligent personality.
hal's response to a particular topic and to a variety of information under that topic is miserable and poor.
eg
when i ask him to describe/define blackholes .he asks me in turn to tell him about black holes first since he isnt good at mathematics
(thats what he says:he knows everything except mathematics and all the thing s he doesnt know are mathematics)I have to tell him a genral description of a black hole two or three times before he starts repeating it. there is no big prob till this.

But the complexity begins when he is taught through some text file about black holes and then asked to define/describe.eg now when i ask him how big is the size of a black hole ?he replies the same definition/description of black holes as given in the first place.similarly now in every response involving black holes is the same ie the same first definition.

moreover hal is also unable to handle text when typed in long sentences.similar is the problem with reading a text with more variety of terms.he is unable to locate/specify the important term.for example when he is asked to differentiate white and black holes he will end up defining either of them.

is there any solution to these probs.???/how to handle?????
i would like to know what is the progress of other hal assistants used by alex and certain others in the forum.???how are they getting benefitted from hal??????????and what is the reason behind his improvement and defects/??????????

IAMNOTAGENIUS

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins