Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Follow The One Who's Sure.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on February 27, 2001 21:03:29 UTC

Perhaps you are right.

This "following someone who's sure" probably comes from our past when it was more often successful to follow the deliberate person than the careful one. The law of momentum usually gives an advantage to the person or group that starts moving earlier.

I went to Arizona Boy's State while in High School. This is an experience in law making. It was interesting. I noticed that the other boys felt a strong desire to make new laws, to put their mark on the process. This happens in adult politics as well.

Hoover and others were criticized for not doing something after the '29 depression. One of the reasons Roosevelt was so popular was because he was seen as doing something. I'm not sure that's always the best idea. "If the thing's not broken don't fix it" seems to be an attitude too often ignored. We shouldn't praise politicians for making unnecessary laws.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins