Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: A Violent Struggle

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on February 23, 2001 20:22:38 UTC

I didn't intend to be mean! I just felt you two have a lot in common. I will probably talk more to John than to you for two reasons. First, I am a slow and dull witted person. I am a firm believer in the idea that the first answer that pops into your head is probably wrong. I would rather crawl off and think about things before responding as otherwise I know I will say something foolish. You are a quick "brilliant??" thinker who brings a lot of knowledge to the discourse. Secondly, I bring very little knowledge - just deep thought to any conversation and it is difficult to follow my thoughts without substantial advanced math.

In the final analysis, I do not believe you would find my position that far from your own though I suspect it would take someone else to communicate that position intelligently to you.

With regard to stimulation, it seems to me that the rest of the people on this forum provide ample opportunity to battle. Any fight with John wouldn't be real anyway.
I doubt you will ever find a bog of stagnant mediocrity.

I tried the other day to post to Benjamin_Nelson@WPBA.pbs.org without success. I presumed you were using caps to block spam, (a common trick) but I have not checked that possibility. If that is not the case, I do not know the problem.

Thanks -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins