Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Theology & Science - No Problem, But...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Lee/">Lee on July 2, 1999 22:11:50 UTC

Well this is getting a LITTLE better. SOME of what you say here is beginning to sound like it comes from a thinking person. You actually make some points I agree with.

Now if we can just get you steer a little further away from this rather childish habit you have of resorting to insults and get you to actually come up with some evidence for what you proclaim that can be verified independently you will be taking a large step toward mature communication.

I appreciate your anger and frustration since it is a very old adage that someone is never so angry as when they suspect that they might be wrong. You seem to be a case of "if the shoe fits" here in this.

You have some sensible points above that are quite logical and indeed very true regarding man's ability/inability to be in tune with nature. I share those same feelings.

Now, do you suppose you can come down from that pedestal you have constructed for yourself and at least give the impression of being someone that is NOT convinced he is the ultimate authority on everything?

As far as Taoism is concerned, my spouse of 20 years is a Taoist. I'm having trouble seeing how you apply the teachings Lao Tse or the I Ching itself to the manner in which you deal with people. You'll have to convince of this a bit further since up until THIS posting, you've never come across to me as anything but a raving "Creationist".

(If it walks like duck...etc.)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins