Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Believing Makes You Happy.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 23, 2001 15:33:44 UTC

If all there is to life is this present life, is it really worth all the bother. A single life like my is easy enough, yet still lacks much meaning as it will just end without much value. Most people in the world just struggle to get through life.

So what soul immortality does is provide for a meaningful existence. So even if my consciousness ceases to exist, I can think that I am making a contribution to something lasting.

But that has not been enough for me and I have for the last 30 years been looking for evidence, both clinical and scientific, that an after life is possible. The best evidence is the study of remote sensing by Stanford Research Institute. In addition I have know people who have had the experience. And I fortunately or unfortunately have been married to two persons who were clarvoent(Sp?). I could not get away with anything.

So if remote sensing is possible(also called astral projection and out-of-body-experience), there must be physical mechanisms that provide the possibility. My hypothesis is that a constituent of Dark Matter has axion-like properties that can support macroscopic quantum computation. In addition there must be a coupling mechanism between the physical world, especially physical consciousness and the Dark Matter medium. The school at Santa Fe with Murray Gell-Mann and others like him have been pursuing consciousness studies of that sort. I predict that in this century, remote sensing will become understood and verified.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins