Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: A Tiring And Unmitigated Bore

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on February 23, 2001 03:34:50 UTC

Hey, I think this is a little over the edge. We have diverse people here with various backgrounds and mastery. As long as they tell their opinion, speculate, suggest, ask, etc. - everything is fine. After all, many great ideas were born out of pure speculations. Only when you INSIST on something, then you have to back it up by facts, or math, or logic, or at least anything discussable. So, when a clear claim is made, we can argue. And I frequently disagree and discuss with Nelson some his claims, trying to support my opinion by facts, math and logic. Also, when someone claims being somebody which sounds doubtable, you can ask and check, etc. to make sure that what was claimed is correct.

But I would not blame someone to that extreme for his PERSONAL opinion. I think, he is great philosopher with interesting point of wiev, and sure with great experience. And we may discuss his ideas, points, opinions, etc without going emotional (which is hard sometimes, I confess). So, please respect others otherwise we will just waste time by yelling on each other without sharing much.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins