Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nelson And Powell Re Bad Advice.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on February 22, 2001 17:37:44 UTC

I generally read most all of the new posts on this forum daily as I am an old man and have little to do with my time but enjoy myself. (On average, it seldom takes more than five minutes anyway.) I posted a few times but seemed to offend the entire mass (could be as many as twenty people) who do post regularly.

You two should not fight as you are (as far as I can currently tell) the only rational minds on the forum.

John -- I believe Benjamin is looking to educate people to think, something which is not much pursued.

Benjamin -- I believe John is thinking about the general inability of mankind to see through Bull Language Removed and peer pressure. There is a lot of Bull Language Removed presented by a lot of passionate people and if you really start to believe any of it, you’re a lost soul.

John -- remember that today's work may be just as full of Bull Language Removed as the ancient's. The theists have no monopoly on passionate persuasion.

I would love to communicate with you two if you would be amenable. I will answer a note at doctordick@iname.com if you would be so kind.

Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins