Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Theology & Science - No Problem, But...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Armel/">Greg Armel on July 2, 1999 01:12:28 UTC

My, My, My... Sir, I did not mean to load the question, it seems very straight forward to me. The Spectrum carries information about the elemental make-up of any incandesent light source. Only a view of intelligence would be interested in the elemental make-up of a distant light source sir, so its purpose must be aimed at a source of intelligence sir, it serves no other purpose, sir, if it does, please enlighten me! Does it warm the sparrow to know the sun is burning hydrogen? Do the stars glitter brighter for the dolphin who navigates by them to know they are burning different elements? The Spectrum is not readily perceived naturally as is sound, taste, touch, or smell sir, so you are the one who loads his answer by suggesting that they are the same, all the while going off on some wild rant so as to avoid the question. And sir, the entire electromagnetic spectrum travels at the speed of light, no matter its frequency! The frequency is higher or lower, longer or shorter in wavelenghth, but it is not faster or slower. There is no known medium which is opaque to the entire electromagnetic spectrum, just as there is no medium which is transparent to it all. So, yanniru, the speed of light has not been slowed down one iota, because no matter the medium, there is still some portion of the spectrum that would traverse that medium at the speed of light! And Sir, if you don't feel you can discuss Stephen's views sir, why bother to bring them up, name dropping does not impress me sir, nor do your feeble attempts to associate me with creationism! Just because a question has not been asked before, or something is perceived from a particular perspective, does not make it invalid, only an appropriate answer does that sir, and if and when your feeble little mind manages to come up with one sir, don't forget to explain how people with no knowledge of it, could so precisely pinpoint the location of an unerring view in science, as the proper place for God's Covenant, and over a thousand years before its discovery! :o)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins