Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Just Checking In.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Lee on July 1, 1999 23:53:45 UTC

I'm in agreement with you. In fact, "miracles" is nothing more than a word to describe some process that is not understood. I'm certain that the sight of a 747 loaded with 400 people moving thru the air at 500 MPH would indeed be deemed a "miracle" (or perhaps a chariot of angels) by Noah, Moses, Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. Maybe not by Galleleo, because in true scientific spirit and process I doubt he would rush to such judgement and simply accept the sight as something he had no explanation for, wondering about it all the way back to his religion induced cell of solitary confinement.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins