Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Theology & Science - No Problem, But...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Lee on July 1, 1999 22:09:41 UTC

Greg says: Are there any other phenomena directed specifically at the intellectually aware without performing any other function? Lee says: You are gilding the question like many Creationists often do. In fact, your phrasing borders on "Straw Man" semantics by placing a condition ("...any other") as if I'm supposed to accept this one as a "directed" just because you say so. If you want an answer out of me, don't try to play the typical semantical rat-a-tat with most Creationists use. If YOU see this as "directied" fine. I accept that YOU see it this way, but don't "load" the question to ME as if I see it this way because I don't. Why you would cjoose this particular "phenomena" as any more directed than any other is beyond me. How about sound, touch, taste, smell. Not just sight. Your selection of this seems utterly pointless to me. I am also correct on my usage of the terms "slow" and "fast" regarding the electromagnetic spectrum. The terms refer to their wave lengths which is the usual manner in which they are expressed. If you want to correct me, fine. Just do it with correct information.

Here's a correction for you Greg. It's "Hawking", not "Hawkins". And there is nothing shallow about my acceptance of what he says. He says it so eloquently that I need not repeat it for fear that it would take several pages on this post. You would gain some insight into Theological matters by familiarizing yourself with it at least. I've done my Bible study and I stand by what I've said as to it's purpose.

Lee for yanniru: I agree with what you say here. You sound like a person who knows what you are talking about and a spititual one at that. Thanks for your comments. Your approach to Creation seems very logical and is certainly inclusive as opposed to being "exclusive". I like that.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins