Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Agree That Love Is Biochemistry Needed For Survival.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yasir on February 19, 2001 22:16:35 UTC

so..ok...
i hav a question out here ..infact more than just one....

since my childhood ,i hav read,heard and believed that"love is a great ,mysterious,profound ,powerful ,undefined behaviour which is independent of what we call physical phenomena/quantities such as time,amount of asubstance/thing,etc.Its a force which paves the path for a human being to find out the ultimate truth for him.Its a passion which drives humans beyond their sense and consciousness."
all that knowledge comes indirectly from literature,love tales and stuff.Plus we get that nformation directly from our very own surroundings,ppl.observations,experiences and even from what they say"the tendency of making our selves falling into love for our very contentment ,satisfaction and need "

on the other hand when i read"love is a neurochemical acticity which is timely and lasts always for a few months or may be a bit more than that ....."i am instantly faced with these very questions:
on what basis will u say love is timely with referance to a particular object....reasons????
the very world of philosophers,thinkers.poets ,writers and etc is wrong as a consequent to above....i am excited to hav those reasons again........????????
if they really r wrong why do they do that........their very own satisfaction,to sell their name or what .yeah i mean really what forces the world to go mad abt love in such a dangerous and extreme way.............???????

and in the end....what forces a scientist to explore nature ....find out the reality ..isnt it love ..if isnt what is it then.....????

is there something to love more than just a mere need of survival....??????

tell me where i am wrong and why....
IAMNOTAGENIUS

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins