Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Theology & Science - No Problem, But...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Armel/">Greg Armel on July 1, 1999 13:15:49 UTC

Lee: The spectrum in the rainbow is a phenomena in the visible band of the greater electromagnetic spectrum where ALL frequencies reside from the slowest of infra-red to the fastest of X-rays and beyond. If you choose to see this as a manifestation of God's law I will not argue the point for the very reasons we've already agreed on above. I trust you will do me the return honor of not taking issue with the fact that I see it otherwise. Greg: Take issue with your choice to see it otherwise? No, but this forum is meant for the discussion of God, and you didn't really answer my question. Are there any other phenomena directed specifically at the intellectually aware without performing any other function? Also, a slight correction to your description of the Spectrum. The entire electromagnetic spectrum travels at the speed of Light, no part is any slower or faster then another, only their frequencies are different. As I see God as the Creator, I see all the Laws of Physics as the manifestation of God's Law. The Spectrum just enjoys a Biblical Reference to God's Covenant. :o) I have not been fortunate enough to be blessed with Mr. Hawkins views on the divine, but I find your statement of "that's good enough for me," to be rather shallow. Sort of like the Christian who says "The Bible tells me so." :o)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins