Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: R U Really Sure.....!!!!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Libbie on February 18, 2001 21:57:42 UTC

whatever god there is, surely the god would not want us to be ignorant about science. if that were the case "he" (not that god is male or female or either) would be getting worried about how much we have learned. the religous scriptures of various cultures do not provide all the answers we need, if that were the case then what is the point in have curiosity? like i said in another post- religion and therefore the writings of are indespenible tools of teaching moral behavior to us humans. whoever the authors really were i feel they were well intentioned in that they felt humans needed an owners manual. in order to get people to go along with these morals there had to be consequences(eg., hell). i feel that religion has a place in setting a foundation for good behavior. science has a place in solving problems unrelated to being good to each other. do not give up on either path science or religion because they both have value.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins