Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Ignorance Is Sad.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Libbie on February 18, 2001 21:32:14 UTC

is it crazy to separate god and religion? i think not. religion is simple, without religion humans would not have a set of moral values to follow. now obviously the responsability lies in elders to teach youth but everything needs a guideline or an owners manual so to speak (bible,koran,etc.). now after that make up what ever kind of god you want. it really doesnt matter just as long as humans are kind and understanding to other humans. faith is the kick in the pants here. without faith in something or somebeing life has no purpose. who would want to walk around thinking that we will all die and that will be it, no walking around on streets of gold, no reincarnation- nothing. there will always be those who have to believe in god in order to keep on living and not really die. but what it comes down to in my opinion is fear. whether we want to admitt or not faith is driven in part by fear always has always will. personally i am not afraid of dying but the thought of there being no type of "life after death" is bothersome. so we make up a way to fool ourselves just like anything else so that going out wont be all that bad.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins