Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Suppression Of Science?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on February 18, 2001 05:40:06 UTC

This is unbelivable.

Whe I worked for government, administrators always listenet to me, and if something won't work, they ask what can be changed to make it work. In most cases we could fond out what changes will make it work, and it did.

Sometimes there was nothing to make it work, and in this case my superviser asked me to write explanatopn why it can not work, and the administrators sent it to other institutiuons to those who worked on similar projects to let them know new discoveries so they would not waste time.

And we never had problems correcting errors or openly discyssing problems. You know, our administrators never said: do what I said, they usually asked us what to do (after all, they are not scientists but administrators, so they never interfere with scientific logic).

Even if some student (grad or undergrad) pointed on some error in expensive priority project, then emergency meeting is called and everybody listen and vividlly discusses, proposes ideas to fix. Soon after the direction of project changes and the student who found the error is noticed by authorities as a prospective expert and may get higher responcibilities. Also, if I know that somebody is doing similar research 5000 miles away, I write or e-mail and they send me all I need to know, so I do not have to invent a wheel over egain. It really helped me when I was young and did not know all tricks and ideas.

So I am very sorry about your government. What country was that?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins