Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Another Interesting Post

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 17, 2001 22:56:14 UTC

and when he says you don't get there but through me, maybe it's 'you're GONNA meet up with me, on what type of terms do you want it to be?'. but i'm not sure if i agree Judaism doesn't believe in an afterlife, for wasn't it a group of Jews who asked Jesus about the woman who'd been married to a succession of brothers, and whose wife would she be on the other side? I'll have to read some more, obviously, to refresh my memory on those pre and post Christian postulates, but...

He weighs each heart, in those secret spots he made and communicates with us that no one else can detect or touch. I think we're all aware that he really exists and have different degrees of willingness to acknowledge it and that explains why it strikes an offensive cord to some. If we said 'papa smurf said i'm going to heaven', you can bet there wouldn't be a forum related to the discussion. :) i try not to have comparative beliefs, re: what was believed or practiced way in the past or now locally. i'm easily enough distracted so am trying to discipline myself to staying the relational course with my maker. I think reincarnation is possible; that's how big a maker i have. maybe it's best to focus on the possibility of having one life only at a time so we're not as tempted to be complacent 'gee, didn't wanna give up my shirt to that person this time, i'll catch up with someone in my next life'. i don't know what is because i can't see well through that window; but just like standing outside a door with a little peephole, just because we can't see in very well doesn't mean there isn't a whole big mansion behind the door that keeps us on THIS side until it's time for us to enter. If there's another string of lives awaiting, so be it. But i have only so much time in this one; do i want to spend it planning what to do in my next life 'just in case'? or seize those opportunities now with me? or balance with both, just because i need to play more, anyway? :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins