Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Is This A Fact Learned From Religion?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 17, 2001 19:54:01 UTC

It's a fact about human nature. It is out the the reach of mathematics. The relevant experiments in denying freedom of thought are the lessons of history.

This law of human nature was revealed to me via my intuition as I read the question in your original post.

In all the scripture I have read, there is little direct transmission of information from god. I cannot think of any right now. There were visions and angels. Perhaps the Ten Commandments. So in a way I think your question about god has the answer-= nothing. God has not told us anything about life or nature. Yet there is a great deal about human nature in particular in the various religions that has not been verified or falsified by science.

Let's turn the tables. Where in science did your principle of happiness come from. There's no mathematics behind it.It cannot be objectively measured. By the way I agree with that principle. And science can help make it happen. But it is not a law of nature. It does not have to happen.

Frankly my opinion is that you put too much stock in science. Science has dogma, control by high priests, legislation of what you can and cannot believe in, just like religion. Both are human efforts. I agree that science has its advantages. But they both suffer from the usual human dificiencies.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins